Yang Xinhai — Monster Killer
- Born in 1968, died in 2004 in China
- He murdered over 60 people because he believed killing was nothing special
- He was caught after DNA connected him to the murders
- He was charged with 67 murders and 23 rapes
- He was found guilty on all counts and sentenced to death
Born into the poorest family in the village, Xinhai was the youngest of four children. A smart but introverted child he dropped out of school in his teens and worked as a labourer while travelling around the country. He eventually turned to robbery and then to rape, receiving a 5 year prison sentence.
After he was released from prison he met his girlfriend, however she eventually broke up with him and he began killing in revenge. He murdered over 60 people in three years by bludgeoning them to death. He was eventually caught through DNA matching to traces left at the crimes. He confessed to 67 murders and 23 rapes and was sentenced to death.