I’m over the moon I managed to complete the alphabet – while I had the movie titles worked out I wasn’t quite as organised as usual and was still writing them during the month.
I was really surprised that people thought my topic was so specific, because I hadn’t thought that at all when I had planned it. I came up with the idea during last year’s A to Z, so it had been a year in the planning (shame I hadn’t started to write the posts back then!).
I really had fun with my theme. I got to listen to music I love but also pushed my comfort zone with some pieces as I had to listen to them so I could write about them.
I had so much fun planning my A to Z, however I feel this will be my last for a while. There are a number of reasons…
- Statistics. My goal was to visit 3 new blogs a day (always commenting) but in the end managed more than that, finishing with a total of 123 blogs visited. However, only 21(!) commented on my blog.
- Time zones. Sunday is the rest day from posting – and a day (in theory) where you can catch up. Except for those of us in the southern hemisphere. For me, the no-posting day is actually Monday and a work day, which makes it really hard to catch up and find extra time to visit new blogs.
- School terms. In Australia, half of April falls over school holidays, meaning routine goes out the window and time is hard to find.
- Illness. With an already tough schedule (see points 2 and 3) anything else throwing a spanner in the works starts to make A to Z stressful. This year my Barbarians fell ill, one after the other, and I was a little panicked about keeping up.
- I had to neglect blogs I regularly visit outside of A to Z because I didn’t have time to visit them and visit the new-to-me blogs as well. I missed reading my regular blogs.
Having said that, there is one other thing to consider, and that’s the fact I am going to not have much time to prep next year because…but that will be another post *wink*