I don’t usually follow through with posts I’m tagged in, but this one from Giggling Fattie from No Love for Fatties had fun Christmas questions I couldn’t resist.
1. Green Christmas or White Christmas?
Green all the way. I’m sure a white Christmas is pretty, but it’s great to see kids outside with their new presents…riding their bikes, throwing a frisbee etc.
2. Would you rather snuggle up with a blanket or go outside and play in the snow?
Snuggle up with a blanket. Maybe when I was a kid I would have wanted to play in the snow.
3. How do you typically celebrate New Year’s?
Very boring these days. I don’t always stay up until midnight anymore, but if I do we usually watch the fireworks.
4. Favorite winter food?
It might be different if winter was also Christmas time, but my favourite winter food would be either stew with home made damper or a roast lamb.
5. What is your favorite seasonal drink?
Gosh, this is going to be so boring, but a glass of cold water.
6. How early do you decorate for Christmas?
Because of a family birthday close to Christmas, we don’t do any decorating until 12 days before Christmas.
7. Do you enjoy the cold weather or do you get anxious for spring to come?
Spring!! Where is spring? Usually asked on the first day of winter, lol.
8. Do you have any special holiday traditions?
Yes. We have Christmas dinner on Christmas eve night. It started because my parents had their own business so Christmas day was one of only 2 days a year they weren’t working. Mum didn’t want to be cooking on her day off. And it is so hot here that a night time dinner makes a lot more sense.
9. What is your idea of a perfect winter day?
Clear blue sky and no wind. Then either being able to hang at home in my tracky dacks with a pot of tea, or taking my work to my favourite cafe and having a chai latte with a gorgeous view.
10. What’s the best part about winter?
The end? I do enjoy seeing snow on the hills and the excitement in my family at being able to snowboard.
11. What’s your favorite movie set in the winter season (not necessarily a Christmas movie)?
Easy. Die Hard.
12. What do you hate about winter?
Being cold. And not just cold, but cold for sooo long.