The lovely Tamara Gerber from Part-time Working Hockey Mum has nominated me for the Liebster Award. To quote Tamara, “Liebster is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. It is an online recognition in form of virtual award which started in 2011 passed on by bloggers to fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. The idea is to recognize the effort and give credit.”
I need to answer the following 11 questions:
1. How did you decide to start your blog? I actually started blogging on the 15th October 2008 (meaning this year will be my 10th anniversary!). My blog started on Blogger until early 2017 when I moved it here. I started blogging as a way to record my trials and tribulations on my path to publication although over the years it has morphed into much more than that.
2. If you were to start over, what would you do differently? Learn to say NO!!! The old rule 20% of people do 80% of the work, well I fall in that 20%. I’m finally getting better at saying no, although I relapse an awful lot.
3. If you were a fruit or a vegetable, which would you be and why? I’ve never thought about this and nothing is springing to mind. Maybe a kiwi fruit? Doesn’t look like much on the outside but the inside is delicious.
4. What are some things that sound like compliments, but are actually insults? This one I have no idea about. There aren’t any phrases in Oz (that I’m aware of at least) which sound polite but are insults, so it would come down to tone of voice.
5. Show me your favourite purse / bag / backpack! My Landleder vetruvian man satchel. I love the image, I love leather and I love satchels – triple win.
6. What is the worst purchase you’ve ever made? One of those dresses that was a wee bit small and I thought I’ll lose the weight… to then have it hang in my cupboard taunting me.
7. Chicken or Beef? (Bonus points for your answer on why the chicken crossed the road) Can I say lamb? I eat chicken and beef but lamb is hands down my favourite.And have you met any chickens? They wouldn’t know why they crossed so no chance I will.
8. What are three of your best traits? Positive-glass-half-full person, always want to help (see answer to #2), happy.
9. Have you ever impersonated someone else? No. My acting skills are only slightly better than my singing voice.
10. What was something recent that you messed up and got away with? Usually dinner. But I have a wonderful family who never question.
11. After you survive the apocalypse, what will your job be? Cockroach herder. Insect repellent never seems to harm them, so I reckon they’ll be the only source of protein after the apocalypse.