At the RWA (Australia) conference this year I presented a workshop on Biometric Technology. I explained my biometrics background here: Extreme Writing Research, but that expert knowledge put me in the perfect position to educate other writers on biometrics.
I am thrilled with how my workshop was received. I got plenty of positive feedback from attendees and by the end of the conference I had other people coming up telling me they wished they had seen my workshop. Couldn’t ask for more.
In my Conference Countdown post I talked about my emotions before conference. I thought I would recap on how it all went…
- excitement (at seeing my friends) – Seeing my friends was as wonderful as I anticipated. It was so nice to catch up face-to-face with my dear friends.
- nerves (at how my workshop will be received) – I shouldn’t have worried about this one. As I’ve just said it was really well received.
- happiness (at some down time from the family) – I’m not sure happy is the right word. It was a lovely break to only have to think of me for a few days though.
- sadness (at some down time from the family) – I did miss my family and spoke to them a number of times each day. It is easier to be away from them now the Barbarians are getting older though.
- stress (at getting everything ready in time (home and work)) – It was a scramble to get everything done but I got most things crossed off my to do list.
And that’s conference for another year. Next year it’s being held in Fremantle, Western Australia (the other side of the country). I can’t wait.