In 2020 I’m answering a list of 52 journal questions. Read about it here.
Five things you would like to do more?
All of these are things I would do if I just had a little more time…
1. Read – Okay, so I read every day, but it’s usually something like 20 mins at night and 20 mins in the morning. What I’m talking about is getting a good book, one you can’t put down, making a pot of tea, finding a cosy place to curl up and reading the book cover to cover. Bliss.
2. Bushwalk – I love spending time in the bush (see last week’s post) and bushwalking. We have an annual pass to one of our favourite reserves, but only get there a couple of times a year. I’d love to be able to spend more time there and exploring new places. That includes getting in some camping!
3. Craft – I have always been crafty: sewing my own clothes, scrapbooking, crochet, cross stitch… but all I have really done in recent years are small projects as gifts. One of the big limitations is space, so one day, when the Barbarians have left home, I fully plan on taking one of their bedrooms and making it my craft room.
4. Sleep – I had Barbarians who didn’t sleep as babies, so I spent years with only a couple of hours sleep a day (the eldest first slept through the night at 7 years old). Then, because we wanted them to have a stay-at-home mum, I worked jobs that meant as far as they were concerned I was home (but in reality I worked all night). Years of little sleep have meant I seem to have lost the ability.
5. Clean – Weird, right! But I’d love to clean out our house and get rid of all the “stuff” we don’t need. I hate clutter, but when you have Barbarians it’s really easy to get a tonne of it. And as odd as it is, I’d like to have the time to clean properly, rather than the slap dash cleaning I do at the moment. Frustrating! But I do remember being told once, that when you die, no-one remembers you for having a clean house. Thank goodness!
What would you like to do more?